Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday happenings..

I spent the last two days spending lots of time with my kids. Or should I say my littlest one. The boy (13) doesn't want to spend time with mom but Angel is more than happy to oblige mommy with some time. We went to see two movies this week. We saw Mamma Mia! and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Both movies were good to see with family and we enjoyed the time together immensely. We went to matinees so the cost was cheaper and we bought the Soundtrack to Mamma Mia! so we have ABBA music in the car at all times. That was a childhood favorite of mine and I am thrilled to know that Angel likes it as much as I did then and still do now. She has the CD in her room and I can hear her dancing and singing in there in the afternoon. It's a hoot!

Bubba has been playing the last of the video games since school starts this week. His playing time will be curtailed a great deal when he is not home anymore. He has also been hanging out with friends and with his skateboard so I am glad he is spending some time outdoors. The weather has been mid 80's all week so it is wonderful to be out in.

School starts for the kids and I will be awaiting phone calls at 6am for sub calls. I am on the district substitute list so jobs are out there but I am so much better than the minimum wage they pay. That is why I need a permanent position somewhere where benefits are also offered.

Update on Weight Watchers-Since my body went into starvation mode this past week due to the stress, it also held onto every morsel I did put in my mouth. Thus a .6 pound weight gain. I am at an even 10 pound loss from July 7th, so I can't really complain. I'll eat more so my body realizes that it's supposed to be losing the fat, not adding to it. Maybe next week will be better.


Til later,

No comments: