Saturday, September 6, 2008

The DVDs came in!

I had all the movies from the kids that I still had transferred to DVD from VHS tape. There are videos of Jessi at age 4, 7, 9, 13, and lots of pictures. I have video of Allen at age 3, 5, and 10 and Arielle at age 2, 4, and present. I have tons of pictures of happy memories that I have hidden away downstairs. I need to get all these out one of these days and go through them. I have a few of me when I was younger, 19-20 and I still look like a young, young, girl.

Amazing how life brings back memories when they are triggered by an outside stimuli. Watching these videos are so cool yet so sad because Jessi is not here to watch them with us as we enjoy them. I miss her so much and I know she is learning how to be an adult. She is 17 and this next year is going to bring her so much learning and trials. I remember splitting from my parents at that age. I just cry when I realize how much hurt I gave them both at that age. Time circles around and bites you in the butt in revenge for treating your parents badly. Shame no one tells you that until you are experiencing it with your teen and regretting those times. Not that they don't try but the teenager is so much smarter than the wise parent. LOL! Oh the joys of parenthood!

Oh well, I am so grateful that I do have these videos of the kids. I don't have the videos from Christmas time or of Jessi as a baby but I have pictures to cover those memories. I'll be watching videos for awhile and making homemade compilation videos in the near future....Maybe I'll put them up on youtube...who knows....

Til later....

No comments: