Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Weekend...

..but it's been an enjoyable one.

I am embracing this new life I want to take hold of. We spent the whole day Friday at home, never got dressed either. Stayed in my pjs all day long. After hubby went to work, I got the strength and energy to exchange our broken TV in the bedroom with my son's in his room that he never uses anyway. Our TV blew out one of it's color tubes so we were watching orange,blue, and some awkward color tv, never true color. After watching tv like that for 4 months, I finally got it changed out. We went from a 35 inch to a 19 inch but it's worth it to watch something on tv in real color instead of the way we were before. Not sure if the bruises were worth it though. LIfting a tv by myself on my thighs may not have been the smartest move but I'll deal with it. My thighs now have bruises all the way across them and they are tender to the touch and walking is a major feat in the morning. Live and learn....

Saturday Arielle and I went to Weight Watchers, bought some office supplies at Office Max, ate breakfast at Mc'ds, saw the movie Twilight(awesome movie), and then came home. I went to the laundromat and did three loads of laundry, got gas, went to Aldis and bought milk, and then came home again. I went into the basement and searched through dozens of pictures only to realize that my little project of organizing stuff in the basement was going to take a whole lot of time and patience. There is so much clutter(17 years of kids papers from school, pictures, etc...) that I have accumulated in the past 20 years...It's going to be a MAJOR undertaking to get that done.

Tomorrow is December. We woke up this morning to snow. Not heavy sticky stuff but the cars were covered in white....ugh...I hate winter....give me the other three seasons any day over winter....

Tomorrow is December. The first day of the week is the first day of the new month. Perfect launching off point to a new streamlined household budget, a new way of living, and a new outlook on the future. We'll see how this fares....

Till later!

No comments: