Thursday, November 6, 2008

Maybe it's a sign.....

of better things to work for....

I know right now I am not happy in life and it needs to change. I thought I was but after my trip to NYC, things just steadily got worse in my life, both personal and professional. My brain is going places where it's never been before and I don't know if that means starting over or what.....but I'm confused as anyone could be...and I am not happy with what is happening now in my life.

My one question is, why can't I be happy for more than a month or two? Do I really actually know what happiness is? Right now, what I am feeling, is not happiness.......and in this stage of my life, I really should be happy....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh. Sounds like a mid life crisis. That's when you get to a point in your life (has nothing to do with age) where you start questioning yourself: am I living the life I want, am entitled to, working at a job I want? etc. etc.
(PS-this is Boomie/Cinzea-more about that later)
Sometimes, taking a trip and seeing new things can open up your mind to new thoughts and ideas. If you are having visions of moving to NYC be forewarned that all that glitters is not gold. This is the most expensive place on the planet and it can also be the most cruel. When you don't have money in NYC you learn a very quick lesson.

You need to think and reevaluate, which is natural and fine. Go for it. But just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, she came to realize at the end of her journey "There's no place like home."

If you need to make changes, then make them you shall. My only advice is: carefully think. That is all.

Andi said...

Thanks, Cin. I know I'm going through something, just do not know what. And it's only been since NYC. No, I won't move, or leave here but something has to change and I don't know what....yet....thanks for being in my corner, regardless. Love you, Andi

Andi said...

OR....I thought I wanted to work a 40 hour week and now that I am doing it, I really don't like it. It takes too much time away from things I have to do at home or want to do with my kids, etc....does that sound like an answer???

KateD said...

Oh Andi, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling bad! It really sucks if you don't know where you belong and what you want. I guess it's even worse if you once knew all the answers. Hang in there and have faith that the right path will reveal itself.

*hug* Kate